Thursday, January 30, 2014

Singapore - short'n'sweet

4 days before my tourist visa expired I found out that I would have needed to apply 10 days in advance for a visa extension. So I had to leave the country quickly or else face steep fines for overstaying.

Singapore turned out the best option, plus I could visit my friend Aynur, who I had not seen in over 5 years. Booked a flight on Monday, sat in the plane on Thursday. Aynur was on a business trip so I stayed in a hostel, where I met a bunch of people from Jakarta who all went to the Laneway Festival on Saturday. After seeing the line-up - and to keep myself out of the shopping centers - I decided to join them.


The setting was amazing, the crowd relatively small, the music great, the beer expensive... but my savior Anthony from Melbourne with his infinite supply of drink tokens (as friend of the organizer)  took care that I didn't have to remain thirsty. The party was memorable... as far as I remember :)

The next evening was quite the opposite but no less enjoyable - with Aynur and her little son Noah.


Lunch at Google, Chinatown and the Arab Quarter were on my agenda for the last day before I returned to Bali, and to my new home: the Villa Vintage.

Photos of Singapore



No comments: