Thursday, September 22, 2016

Summer extension in Ibiza



I was very lucky to find an affordable place to rent for one month, so now I am living in the Yoga Studio 8 in Santa Eularia, that is, in a kitchen with a bed attached to the studio. It is nice and quiet, I can walk to the beach and unlike most places in Ibiza Santa Eularia is well connected by public transport.

                                                                                                         Santa Eularia

For 10 days I rented a scooter of a friend and religiously went on an explorative excursion every late afternoon after work, so I got to see quite a bit of the island - but there is still much more to go. Now my back is very sore (I suspect it has something to do with the suspension or the lack of it) and I am without the scooter for a while.

Apart from that I have been to 2 (!) parties in total, you would not believe. They were both impressive for different reasons - one was in the biggest club of the world, Privilege, however, that party itself was rather small, so half of the club was closed. Still the sound system and the visuals didn't fail to impress.


The other one was in the famous Pikes Hotel near San Antonio (I also took the opportunity to visit infamous San An in the early evening - but too late for the Café del Mar sunset). Legendary surprise guest DJ at the Ibiza Rocks party in the Pikes Hotel was the only surviving member of the Ramones - Marky Ramone. It was the better party of the 2 I have to say.

Some more impressions of Ibiza so far here:




No comments: