Sunday, June 10, 2007

Natal - Com Emoção



In Natal I went on my first great dune adventure. That is, I booked a buggy tour "com emoção", which means you basically are looking for a near-death experience.

First we went along the beach to Genipabu, where got ourselves in the mood climbing donkeys, camels and an early-morning beer for courage. From that onwards everything was "com emoção". Our driver tried as well as he could to almost make the buggy topple over, racing up steep dune walls turning almost on 2 wheels just to go full speed back down and other tricks, us 3 girls hanging on the back rail screaming our heads off - it was great!

The other adventures offered on the way, like the "Tiroleza" that drops you down a dune into a lake attached to some kind of climbing gear and the "sand sledge" that sends you full speed into a pool of water, were mild in comparison (even though we ordered them all "com emoção" of course).

It was a great day, except at the end we got caught in the rain (again). I returned to my hostel, er castle (the HI Hostel in Natal, something else...):



The same night I caught a bus to Fortaleza arriving in the morning and continued on to Jericoacora after only a few hours stopover (which I spent wisely in an internet-cafe near Fortaleza bus station, as I was told by a fellow traveler that internet in Jeri is exorbitantly expensive).

See some more pics of our buggy ride here:

Dune country - Natal, Jeri, Maranhao

No comments: